Because I had nothing better to do...
Do you believe that?
OK, so it was probably because I was procrastinating. I don't typically do memes and things like that. I think my husband is mortified that I actually took the time to do this, but the idea of the 25 random things just intrigued me for some reason.
I like how reading the lists of others gives you a little peek into their quirks. I have to admit, it was kind of fun to begin to think about my random facts that others may not know or that help to make me who I am. What sums me up?
So anyway, I thought I would repost my list here because I feel like I can ask my blog readers to indulge me every now and then. And I think it would be totally fun if you all want to make your own list or link to your if you've already done it. Think of it as a little getting-to-know-you exercise.
25 Random things about me:
1. I've been married to my awesome husband for 7 1/2 years, and he's a pastor. that makes me a pastor's wife. It's not glamorous, but I wouldn't change it for anything...unless we were called to be missionaries.
2. I have 3 sons--one is in Heaven. His second birthday is coming up, and we all miss him. The other two are 5 1/2 and 7 months old, and they make me smile every day.
3. I'm not a great cook, but my family doesn't mind. I'm learning...slowly.
4. If I could do college over again I would keep the graphic design major. The education degree paid the bills when we were first married, but I definitely love graphic design so much more. My kindergardener is homeschooled, so at least I might use some of what I learned.
5. I am a full time mom, and I love it. I do have all sorts of ideas for things I'd love to do, but for now my family gets most of my attention. I'm lucky to be able to spend so much time with them.
6. People ask me how we taught our son to read, and I honestly don't know. It just sort of happened.
7. I moved away from NC for 3 years, and I missed the weather the most.
8. I love all things crafty. I enjoy making things, but I don't like them taking up space in my home. So mostly I just make a lot of gifts.
9. I want to like to sew, but I don't. That's the one crafty thing I just can't get into. I do it when it's necessary, but I don't love it.
10. I taught myself to knit from a book 4 years ago. I love to do it, but I don't get much time. That's why Benjamin currently only has 1 bootie.
11. I love to sing...mostly in the shower.
12. My baby wears cloth diapers. It's not nearly as gross or scary as it sounds. Trust me. I never thought I could do it, but I was cheap enough to give it a try. Here we are 7 months later.
13. My newest fascination is coupon shopping. I know it sounds wacky, but it's like a game. Plus, it saves us a ton of money. It's always fun to see what items we use that I can get for free or close to it.
14. I can touch my nose with my tongue. I don't know if my tongue is that long or if my nose is just that big.
15. I don't get to read nearly as much as I'd like to. When I was in school, I was the kid who took pride in never actually reading the books that were assigned. Now I love it, and I want my boys to love it.
16. I like to listen to NPR, even though it makes me angry sometimes.
17. I lived in the same place until I went to college. I got married right after college, and we have lived in 7 different homes in the last 7 1/2 years.
18. I know more than I ever thought I would about Star Wars, and I think it's totally sweet that my husband sold his Star Wars collection to pay for my engagement ring.
19. Did I mention that we only went out for a week before he asked me to marry him? It's more complicated than that, and it's a long story.
20. I love cheese, but my husband hates it. That makes me sad.
21. In 8 semesters of college, I had 4 different roommates and my own room for 4 semesters. I hope I wasn't really that hard to live with.
22. The only instruments I ever learned to play were the recorder and the autoharp in college. I tried to learn guitar once, but I never made it past the painful fingers.
23. I've learned to like football out of necessity.
24. I think about adding to our family through adoption in the future, but I have no idea what God has in store for us.
25. I love to eat a barely ripe banana with a big spoon of peanut butter and a glass of milk. I haven't had that since I was pregnant, though.
OK, now it's your turn!